Teaser images not included in the actual picspam:) Just a reminder of the awesomeness that came before.
I think the best thing about RTD's writing has always been the companions and that feeling of family they created for the Doctor, so I'm really happy we got to see all of them being happy for one last time. Even if the regeneration took FOREVER.
- I'm still alive!
- *knock knock knock knock*
They're gone, then? Yeah, Good-oh. If you could, eh...let me out? This thing seems to be making a bit of a noise.
- The Master left the nuclear bolt running. It's gone into overload.
- And that's bad, is it?
- No. 'Cause all the excess radiation gets vented inside there. Vinvocci glass. Contains it. All 500 thousand rads, about to flood that thing.
- Well you better let me out, then.
- Except it's gone critical. Touch one control and it floods. Even this would set if off.
- I'm sorry. Just...leave me.
- Okay, right then, I will. 'Cause you HAD to go in there, did you. You HAD to go and get stuck, oh yes. 'Cause that's who you are.
Wilfred. You were always this. Waiting for me, all this time.
- No really, just leave me. I'm an old man, Doctor, I've had my time.
- Well, exactly! Look at you. Not remotely important! but ME? I could do SO MUCH more! SO. MUCH. MORE!
but this is what I get. My reward. Well, IT'S NOT FAIR!
Oh...live too long.
- No. No no, please. Please don't. No, don't! Please, don't! Please!
- Wilfred. It's my honour. Better be quick!
- Still with us?
- The system's dead. I absorbed it all. The whole thing's kaput. Oh, now it opens.
- Here we are then, safe and sound. Mind you, you are in a hell of a state. You've got some batllescars there.
...Your face! How did you do that?
- It's started.
Oh, they just both broke my heart here:(
- Ow, she's smiling! As if today wasn't bad enough! Anyway, don't go thinking this is goodbye, Wilf. I'll see you again. One more time.
- What do you mean? When's that?
- Just...keep looking. I'll be there.
- Where are you going?
- To get my reward.
- I told you to stay behind!
- Well, you looked like you needed help! Besides, you're the one who persuaded me to go freelance.
- Yeah, but...we're being fired at by a Sontaran. A dumpling with a gun! And this is no place for a married woman.
- Well then, you shouldn't have married me.
Okay, I'll just proudly go stand in the small, small corner of the fandom that LOVES THIS.
I've shipped them since Journey's end, because around that time some cute Noel/Freema pictures surfaced, and then Mickey and Martha left TOGETHER in Journey's end for what we then thought would be Torchwood, which didn't happen, but in my mind they've been having sexy adventures together for a year and a half now:)
But boy, they were even hotter than I imagined. And they both looked GREAT!
but more importantly, they were still ~fighting the good fight~, without the Doctor! OH YEAH. THAT'S THE MARTHA AND MICKEY I L
fact: Sarah Jane has the BEST sad smile ever. And then her face can get so full of joy when she sees the Doctor. *aww*
Jack/Alonso/Random Creatures of New Who
- So, Alonso... Going my way?
- How do you know my name?
- I'm kinda psychic.
- Really? Know what I'm thinking right now?
- OH YEAH.
1. RUSSELL TOVEY!!!! *draws hearts*
2. Jack/ Alonso? Now THAT's random :D Not that I mind.
3. RUSSELL TOVEY FOR (guest star on) TORCHWOOD 4, PLEASE?
Verity Newman (Joan Redfern)
- No, no. It's not just a story, no. Every word of it is true. I found my great-grandmother's diary, she was a nurse in 1913, she fell in love with this man called John Smith.
Except he was a visitor, from another world. She fell in love with a man from the stars. And she wrote it all down. Who's it for?
- The Doctor.
- To the Doctor. Funny, that's the name he used.
- Was she happy? In the end?
- Yes. yes, she was. Were you?
- I just wanted to give you this. Wedding present. Thing is, I never carry money, so I just popped back in time, borrowed a quid of a really lovely man.
Geoffrey Noble, his name was. Have it, he said. Have that on me.
OH WILF. LOOK AT THAT FACE. GOD. And I even liked Sylvia in this scene!
- You all right, mate?
- Too much to drink?
- Something like that.
- Maybe it's time you went home.
- Anyway, happy newyear!
- And you. What year is this?
- Blimey, how much have you had?! 2005. January the first.
- 2005. Tell you what, I bet you're gonna have a really great year.
- Yeah? ....See ya.
AWW. I'm glad they didn't break down the walls between the parallel worlds just for a Rose guest spot, and this was a perfect way for Ten to still see Rose.
It was just sweet and cute and a nice way to come full-circle on RTD's run. also, is that the Boomtown scarf?
- We will sing to you, Doctor. The universe will sing you to your sleep.
- I don't want to go!
Goodbye, Ten. Also goodbye, TARDIS interior, I always loved picspamming/iconning you.
- Legs! I've still got legs! Good. Arms. Hands. All fingers. Lots of fingers. Ears. Yes. Eyes. The nose. I've had worse. Chin. Blimey! Hair! I'M A GIRL! NO! Nooo. I'm not a girl. AND STILL NOT GINGER! Something else. Something...important! I'm...I'm I'm...ha! crashing! GERONIMOOOOO!
Look at that smile on the first picture of the last row! That's a good smile. I didn't understand everything he was rambling about, though.
Needs to work on his articulation;) I did love his high-pitched "I'm a girl!" But I'm still reserving judgement until his first episode.